LION AND SAFARI PARK AND BILL HARROP BALLOON SAFARI TOUR (Full day ±8 hours)
Please note: Allocated time include travelling time.
We first do the balloon Safari in the early mornings ,after breakfast the tour proceed to Lion Park.
A Balloon Safari with Bill Harrop's "Original" Balloon Safaris is a memory to be truly cherished!
Why " Original"? Because in June 1981 Bill Harrop was the first person in South Africa to conceive and run a legally licensed Balloon Airline. This is South Africa's biggest and most experienced balloon airline.
Bill Harrop balloon safari runs a fleet of 6 large Hot air balloon, which can carry between 2 and 18 passengers each, whether it is a Romantic balloon flight for 2 or a party of 18 adventurers, in one of the biggest balloons in the World, or a Corporate Adventure for 120 guests, Bill Harrop balloon Safari, is the preferred choice for Safe, reliable quality ballooning.
Flights depart at Sunrise from traditionally exquisite and beautifully appointed Clubhouse Pavilion and restaurant, in the Magalieberg river valley, in the Cradle of Humankind- world renowned Heritage site bordering Gauteng and North West Provinces.
This area, 45 km north of Johannesburg boasts some of the Safest and most reliable ballooning weather in the world. Have an opportunity to view the beautiful scenery of Magalies's river Valley and Haartebeespoort dam.
Only qualified and experienced Professional Pilots are employed, and over five-thousand very happy passengers a year, are a testimony to Bill Harrop's professional attitude, in entertaining you to one of the most memorable enjoyable experiences of your life.
What to wear
Clothing should be warm enough for chilly early mornings, but they should be “ Peelable “, because the sun, excitement and probably the champagne will soon warm you. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
If you are tall wear a hat.
What to bring
Do not forget your camera and data card with plenty of space, as ballooning offers some of the spectacular photo and video opportunities.
Package rates for 2 – 4 people is R3950 per person
Rates for bigger groups will be supplied on request.
Included on our tour package:
• Pick up and drop off at your Hotel/ Lodge/ Guest House in some areas around Johannesburg. (Sandton, Rosebank, Fourways, Bryanston, Randburg, etc.)
• Hot tea, Coffee, Biscuits and Muffins served on arrival.
• 1 hour drive over Magalisberg river valley.
• South African Champagne served in flight or on landing.
• Champagne breakfast served at the Club House Pavilion and restaurant.
• Breakfast is freshly cooked, you have a wide choice and it is well presented.
• Citation of Bravery presented with dew ceremony.
• Mini Safari guided tour in Lion Park.
• Interaction with Lion Cubs.